Friday, October 19, 2007

Celebration Dinner

My precious husband took me to a lovely dinner at Petite Paris in the Grassmarket area of Edinburgh. We have some wonderful pictures to show you... but blogger is having a difficult time with them.

Nevertheless, Petite Paris is absolutely charming. We were greeted by a chipper, young Parisian upon arrival. I'm not sure anyone working at the restaurant truly spoke English. Somehow we all communicated -- but not without a funny circumstance.

During dinner I had noticed the dessert a couple at a table close to us was sharing. It looked delicious! Upon this couple's exit, I asked the waiter what it was that they had had for dessert. I didn't understand his repsonse but smiled and nodded. I thought the waiter might be bringing us the dessert in a few minutes. He then disappeared. Cleared that couple's table, walked to the kitchen, asked someone something, returned to the other table, and cleaned it once again. Meanwhile, we were waiting for our mystery dessert. After a few minutes, we knew something was wrong. Apparently this waiter thought I wanted him to clean the other table once again. He had no clue I was asking for dessert! I'm not sure why he thought anyone would care about the OCD cleanliness of another table ... what a funny circumstance.

We eventually received a yummy, yummy dessert. Crepes with a fruit sauce. Words don't do justice. What can I say? We love French food!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.