Thursday, November 15, 2007

Things about which I'm Excited:


1. My parents arrive tomorrow morning!

2. Hilary arrives Sunday afternoon!

3. I get to watch the expressions on their faces as they discover Edinburgh for the first time.

4. The first weekend in December, Matt and I go to Paris.

5. I'm getting to hear my favorite Supreme Court Justice speak on December 11th -- the Antonin Scalia. (After years and years of reading Supreme Court Opinions, his opinions are hands down my favorite ones to read).

6. The following weekend is the Santa Run! Matt and I are running a charity race in which every single runner wears a santa costume. How fun!

7. Then the next day, we fly home for three weeks!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

SO exciting :) Have fun with your parents and Hil ~ just remember what you were doing six Thanksgivings ago ... racing me to the airport from Jackson! Time flies ...

Anonymous said...

Ashli, thanks for sharing your excitement with me. I hope you have a fantastic time with your family. My priest introduced me to Taize, an ecumenical community in France (www.taize.fr). You and Matt may want to have a look.

Tina said...

Are they there yet? Your mom was so excited last Wednesday when she told me she was coming over to your next of the woods. She even forgot (for just a minute) to tell me your dad was coming. I had to laugh.

Send pictures our way of their first journey into Edinburgh. I would love to see those.

I must say your mom is becoming more real to our ladies on Wed night each time we meet. We are on hiatus until January 23rd (bummer but I so need the break that I am thankful). She shared a story with them that just got them tickled but they relate better to her now over the last couple of studies. She is becoming more open and I so enjoy getting to know her better. I think it has helped tremendously during this season we are experiencing as a church body. They absolutely love both of them.

I cannot wait to see you. Three weeks home, yeah!!!! I will see you then.
Tina

Anonymous said...

Wow...Ash...I can't tell you how much I your Mom and Dad are excited about getting to spend some time with you guys! That is just soooo cool! I sure do miss our Starbucks time! Can't wait to see you! Love the pictures and I have to say...I spend waaaaaaay to much time checking them out during the day...shhhhhh don't tell anyone!!! Ha!!

Love you, Chick!

Sherrie

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.