Monday, January 26, 2009

Musings

A list:

1. Cool website: Favtape.
(but I'm still partial to Pandora)

2. I wore stilettos last week for the first time in over a year. And they were red. And they were uncomfortable. And I'm very happy wearing my flat boots with hiking socks everyday of the year ... even though they don't "elongate" my legs.

3. I sat in an immigration office/homeland security for over an hour on the afternoon of Inauguration Day. I was the only anglo-saxon in the room ... and also the only one in the room not in the process of becoming a U.S. citizen. 'Twas a very interesting experience. We truly live in a unique country. 

4. I'm overwhelmed with work ... thus, my lack of interesting blog posts. Or, blog posts with pictures of me at the White House (driving up and parking at the White House) with zilch commentary. Short story: a very dear and lovely friend had a fabulous job for the former First Lady and had access to almost every inch of that famous house. Thus, I took advantage of her access the last weekend of the Bush administration -- and it was grand. Talk about stories to tell the grandkids -- these stories are so good, I can't even tell 'em on this blog for fear the secret service would be disappointed with our behavior. However, I commit to posting more pictures of the W.H. experience and sharing more stories -- because -- cool things did happen. For example, I took a picture of a picture of Abraham Lincoln. Did you know that there was even a picture in existence of Abe's inauguration??? I didn't know ... but it does exist. And it's at the While House. (Imagine!). 

That's all for now. I do hope you have a lovely and productive last week in January!

Cheerio!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.