Sunday, May 25, 2008

Inspiration

Last night we dined at Petit Paris, one of our favs, and I had the yummy duck confit and poached egg with a red wine sauce. Yum! My lovely parents asked thoughtful questions and inspired me to continue on my quest of seeing the world. While living here, we really are trying to take advantage of the blessing. In light of that, look what I discovered today: The Royal Scotsman. It's completely out of our price range as a 2 day train ride is roughly $4,000 a person. But a girl can dream. Right?!?!?!

My mom decided that she wants to focus on French cuisine when she visits us, as British food is just not that good. And it's not. Pub food and Scottish cuisine just does not make the cut. So, Matt and I are now going to investigate all the French cuisine Edinburgh has to offer. Yay! I entered us into a contest for the Taste of Edinburgh, and we won tickets. So, our more thorough investigation of fine French cuisine begins this week. Fun times in the still chilly Scotland!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the yummy French bread and the lovely chocolate crepe!
Mom

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.