Sunday, July 13, 2008

On Lynchburg, TN

This morning as I was flipping through the Tennessean's section on travel, I ran across a blurb about some festival or going-on in Lynchburg, TN and I was reminded of a commercial I saw several weeks ago. Matt and I were sitting in a dark theater at the Filmhouse, an independent movie theater that hosts the Edinburgh Film Festival, waiting to see Hors de Prix, a French film featuring Audrey Tautou. Numerous commercials and previews rolled on by and then there was a several minute feature commercial on Jack Daniel's whiskey. Now it's not surprising to see something about Jack Daniel's whiskey in Edinburgh; Scotland is known for its whiskey and Daniel's products seem to be in every nook and cranny. However, this commercial was practically a small feature film on the life and times of Lynchburg, TN. I basically had to silence my belly-laughing at the special attraction called Lynchburg, TN. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Lynchburg, TN (as opposed to Lynchburg, VA), it's definitely a one traffic light town and the commercial portrayed the town as slow, slow, slow and slower. Billy (the overall wearer) even mentioned that they "don't rush thangs" in Lynchburg, TN. As the sole Tennessean in that dark theater, let it be known that the small feature film on the slow times of rural Tennessee life brought me a blip of delight. Two worlds colliding couldn't have been anymore amusing!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh. That's hilarious! I wish I could have seen it! Haha!

Marksberry Family said...

Nothing like feeling at "home"!

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.