Friday, October 30, 2009

What Warren Buffet and the Dark Have to Do with Each Other = Nothing

You know how they say "third time's a charm"? As my third Scottish winter is quickly approaching, I'm convinced that the author of that popular coined phrase never experienced darkness at 4:30 in the afternoon. Nor did they concern themselves with the knowledge that in less than a month, it will be pitch black at 3:30 in the afternoon. I can deal with the cold. I can deal with the rain. (Heck - I can deal with the sinking dollar!) But it's the darkness that gets me ...... I want to go around yelling: "You have the choice to live somewhere else!!! Escape! Escape!" Nonetheless, so many people choose to say. It behooves me. Maybe it's all the pretty architecture, the endless summer days, and the rich history.... and don't forget the fabulous food [Wink].

Meanwhile, have you heard about this? Now Google has created a Social Search prioritizing Twitter feeds, Facebook pages, etc. etc. It all makes me a bit squeamish and lends me to think about further boundaries in the online world. Even though you have to opt in to the Social Search, I place a priority on living life well and living it with real, live people. Which brings me to the question: Is so much of life being online forming you into a better person? It's definitely something to which further thought should be devoted.

And one more thing - Warren Buffet doesn't have a computer on his desk at work. He doesn't participate in all this online frenzy. As one of the world's richest men and greatest philanthropist, he just might be on to something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You, of course, appreciate the irony that in order to read your blog we must be online.
Love,
Mom

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.