Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What I'm Reading


I just finished My Life in France by Julia Child.  Overall, the hard-working Mrs. Child lived an exciting and privileged life in France, Germany, Norway, and the US. It was interesting to learn how her culinary empire unfolded. This book would make an interesting read for a foodie who is headed to Paris for the first time. It was fun to read her references to certain parts of Paris and imagine her crossing Saint-Germain de Pres over fifty years ago. Overall, this was an enjoyable read but you shouldn't feel in too much of a hurry to pick it up. As some of my friends would say, it would be good "airport" reading. Light. Entertaining. And not too complex.

If you ever have a book recommendation, please do share in the comments. I'd love to hear about what you are reading and what you think others should definitely read!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am trying to improve my writing skills so I am reading "Writing for the Soul" by Jerry Jenkins. It is an amazing book that talks about his writing journey, lessons he learned from God, and provides wonderful writing tips for new writers. It is not only educational for my writing it is so very enjoyable.

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.