Monday, October 4, 2010

Endless Possibilities. Limited Means.

I am one of the lucky few in Edinburgh who snagged two cans of pumpkin this last weekend. After stopping by three specialty grocers inquiring for canned pumpkin, I found a winner! This is big news over here, y'all! With only two cans of pumpkin and a good eight weeks to go before a fresh delivery of canned pumpkin from the States, I must carefully deliberate about what recipe is worth my canned pumpkin. Such decisions!

Here are a few of the recipes I'm considering:

  • Pumpkin Crisp
  • Heather's Recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Should I even consider throwing a pumpkin soup recipe in the running? It seems a bit blah after all those alluring desserts!!!

Do you have  a delicious recommendation or an opinion as to how I should narrow this tough choice down? Do share!


Update: I've found another yummy recipe: Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies. How to decide!?!?

3 comments:

Christine Z said...

I just threw out four jars of that stuff. It was past the best-before date by a few months. I would get it from Jordan Valley on Nicholson Street opposite the Festival Theatre.
But it's in university accommodation territory so they're probably sold out already too.

Real foods has a large selection of pumpkins if you're in the market for making pumpkin soup.

t marie said...

Oh my gosh. ALL the possibilities sound delish! Snicker Doodles are a huge FAVE of mine. Pumpkin Snicker Doodles sound amazing. I would eat them with the yummy tea you mentioned (the spices in the tea are some of my favorites too).

Anonymous said...

As a Yankee in Edinburgh, I got my pumpkin last year at Waitrose and Jenner's. This year I've found Lupe Pintos at Tollcross who are expecting CASES of Libby's Pumpkin this weekend. Good baking!

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.