Friday, February 8, 2008

Like I've Said Before ....

International travel with me is never without adventure. I left Nashville on Monday and encountered ... cancelled flights, long lines to rebook, rerouting through the airport I was trying to avoid (Heathrow ... Dublin would have been a bit easier), delays on the runway in London, taxiing past the British Airways flight that crash landed at Heathrow (and some aboard thought it was just a rough landing!), lost luggage, and finally, the stomach bug upon arrival in Scotland. What a whirlwind!

Highlights include seeing hubby, coming home to a clean flat, clean flat containing beautifully wrapped birthday presents, fresh flowers already placed in a vase, enjoying Matthew's new gourmet specialty: Chicken Curry (he had time to perfect it), and beginning to watch Season II of Arrested Development. (Which I hear is the most critically acclaimed and popular comedy sitcom no longer on air -- which is so, so sad).

Amongst unpacking, getting situated, and seeing friends, I've begun full-time work. I love meaningful work. (I wish I had some wonderful Wendell Berry quote to plug-in here.) There's nothing like the urgency of completing a task because someone depends on your assistance.

Until I come across that wonderful Berry quote, I'll leave you with a statement from Soren Kierkegaard:

"For he who loved himself became great through himself, and he who loved others became great through his devotion, but he who loved God became greater than any of these."

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.