Friday, September 26, 2008

Only in Great Britain


I was online today looking to book tickets for a ballet. Not a complicated kind of thing. Right? I figured out what price I was willing to pay, what seats I wanted, went to confirm those seats and the next thing I know I have to register with the theater to purchase the tickets online.

No problem. I can register. It just means I'll receive a few mailings about various art events in town. Not a big deal.

So I go to choose my title -- as in Miss, Ms., or Mr. -- and look at the selection that pops up:

The Rt Hon Mrs
The Rt Hon Lord & Lady
The Rt Hon Lord
The Hon Lord & Lady
The Hon Lord
The Hon Dame
The Hon
Sir & Lady
Sir
Reverend
Professor Sir
Prof & Mrs
Prof & Mr
Prof & Dr
Prof
Ms
Mrs & Ms
Mrs & Mrs
Mrs & Miss
Mrs
Mr & Ms
Mr & Mrs
Mr & Dr
Mr
Misses
Mis
Messrs
Lord & Lady
Lord
Lady
Dr & Prof
Dr & Ms
Dr & Mrs
Dr & Mr
Dr
Doctors
Councillor
Captain

What a selection of potential titles! I was debating between the 'Right Honorable Lord and Lady' title or simply the 'Honorable Dame' but then I just settled for Sir & Lady.

Only in Great Britain.

3 comments:

Nicki and Don said...

How fun! I think I would have gone with Right Honorable Lord and Lady - hey you only live once, might as well be as a Right Honorable Lord and Lady!! Enjoy the show!

mary caroline said...

That list is hilarious! What marvy choices...I think I would go by a different title each time just to add some flair to life! cheers!

Hilary said...

hilarious!

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.