Monday, September 8, 2008

Some of the Latest ....

1. I discovered one of God's great gifts to earth: Malaysian food. It was amazing. You should try it sometime.

2. We made new friends with a couple from Texas. She's working on a PhD in English Literature -- her project deals with magical realism. Very fascinating.

3. Matt and I explored our neighborhood after work today -- and we love it. We're about a block away from the Botanic Gardens, which are open until 7 pm in September. What a fabulous place to walk!?!? And next to that is Inverleith Park, which is next to Fettes College. It's all so beautiful!

4. I made a list of restaurants within a two minute walking distance from us. It's quite frightening because there's so many of them and they all look so good. Call me a foodie. And yet, I keep trying to cook in this British kitchen of mine.

5. I'm loving making pureed veggie soups and fruit smoothies. Strawberries, greek yogurt, and a touch of honey = bliss. Just don't ask me to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies (tonight was a disaster).

6. Matt and I met up with a friend of mine from Union this past Saturday. Gareth played soccer for Union and he hails from Western Scotland. It was so much fun to meet up with him and watch Scotland play football (even if Scotland lost to Macedonia -- so sad!).

7. I saw a Barneys New York coat for sale in a charity shop a few days ago. Shock. Awe. It was a huge size. Too bad but it makes me hopeful??? Maybe. Vintage shops never work for me, but if I know jewels from Barneys might be out there, I might be more motivated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be motivated!!!!

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.