Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Curious

Trends and pop culture differ place to place. I'm curious ... have either of the following found their way into average American life?

- Estelle's American Boy. As an ex-pat, this tune is just too fun over here:) If you haven't heard it, visit www.songza.com and take a listen. I'm assuming Welsh Duffy is mainstream by now -- it just seems obvious.


- Keffiyeh scarves. Last fall, I noticed these everywhere -- all young hipsters donned these but it's gone even further. Recently when I was flying on Easyjet I flipped through their airline mag and one writer mentioned how keffiyeh scarves could be seen on all ages in locales from Casablanca to Copenhagen. Anyway, personally I wouldn't wear one -- not that I believe everyone wearing it is supportive or sympathetic to terrorists. For more on the controversy of the keffiyeh read this article and this blurb on wikipedia.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.