Sunday, June 15, 2008

Many Blessings

Matt and I had plans to make a daytrip on Saturday but the weather forecast insisted heavy showers would ruin our day, so we opted to stay in Edinburgh. Which worked out well. We saw a great film! Hor de Prix (Priceless in English) was a witty, captivating French romantic comedy. French romantic comedies are strikingly different than their American counterparts -- they're just not as cheesy. My husband even liked this film. The breathtaking views of the French Riviera weren't sore on the eyes either. Afterwards, we thought French food was in order, so we headed to Maison Bleu for an early dinner.

This week marks the beginning of the famous Edinburgh Film Festival. There are several films we'd like to see but we've narrowed our choices down to the Elite Squad (Brazilin) and Son of a Lion (Afghan). Each showing of the film is accompanied by a talk from the director, producer, and any of the actors or actresses that decided to attend. When we were at the Filmhouse on Saturday, I did my best to find out what actresses would be in attendance. I was particularly curious about Kiera Knightley, Sienna Miller, Penelope Cruz, and Catherine Zeta-Jones. But .... the girl working kept mum. She had a sparkle in her eye like she knew something but couldn't tell. So, I will just have to keep my eyes peeled as I walk the streets of Edinburgh this week!

We're also headed south next week! Matt again will brave driving on the left side of the road as we venture through the Lake District and further south through the Cotswolds. We've been told both areas will provide a lovely and delightful shortbreak. I think it will be most wonderful to spend time in the charming English countryside! I'll make sure to post pictures and share stories when we return.

I hope you have a lovely week!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.