Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Highlights from Scotland



I dearly, dearly love my precious parents. I am so blessed to be their daughter. They recently returned to the states after a 10 day visit with Matthew and me. After returning from London, our week in Scotland included:

Tuesday
Lunch at Marche Noir. A tour of Morningside. Shopping at small boutiques and charity shops. Tea and coffee at Peter's Yard. Dinner at home -- gourmet fare by M&S.

Wednesday
High street shopping with my mom! To me, there's nothing like shopping with mom ... I accomplish so much more with her by my side. It's amazing. Plus, she totally talks me into worthy splurges.

Thursday
We rented a car and went driving! First stop was charming Stirling. After views of the castle and a light lunch, we headed east toward Loch Lomond. We drove through the Troussachs and it was beautiful! This is the part of Scotland that is good for the soul. We also made a stop in Perth and found a TKMaxx -- yes, you read that right. Not TJ but TK. But it's the same thing, and this particular TK was huge! We then headed back to Edinburgh and decided to dine on the absolute other end of Edinburgh at Fishers in Leith. Mom and I shared some yummy dishes -- the best of which was a hot trout salad, consisting of salad leaves, trout, and pan-fried potatos - and it was d-i-v-i-n-e. Matt was such a great driver, too. We only had to remind him to drive on the left side the road about three times. Go Matt!



Friday
We went to an Italian street festival. Watched Indiana Jones. Lunched at Always Sunday. And I made dinner!

Saturday
Attended Edinburgh's famous Farmers' Market. Ate pork sandwiches and angus beef burgers. Mom and dad met some of our friends at the market. Matt and dad headed to bookstores and mom and I headed toward High Street for more shopping. We all met for coffee at the Elephant House. Best way to end a fabulous week with family: Petit Paris. Topped off with a chocolate crepe.






4 comments:

Marksberry Family said...

It all sounds so fabulous! I am glad your parents got to come for a visit! I always love it when get to have family around us! Scotland looks like a wonderful place to explore!

Sarah said...

Ash, that sounds like SO much fun! I wish I could come visit you!!

Heather said...

Beautiful pictures!!!

Sarah said...

Oh by the way, Hannah and I LOVE the pic of your mom in front of TK Maxx!! LOL!

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.