Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend in Pictures



First thing Saturday morning I had tea with my friend Trudy at the National Gallery of Scotland. She is a doll!



Next, Matt and I headed over to the market for paella and to make a purchase from the olive vendor -- and they are delicious. Check out the variety!



This is the robot performer. He's out pretty much every Saturday on Princes Street and is quite good. However, the crowds he attracts can be a bit annoying when all I want to do is go buy my groceries.



Then Matt and I visited the Craigmiller Castle, which was built in the 14th century and abandoned in the 18th century.



An inside view of the deceptively large castle.



Exploring the Castle.



Proof (even though it's a bit blurry) that I was actual at the Castle.





Dinner at a delicious Polish restaurant named the Krakow Cafe. I had a potato pancake with mushroom sauce and two salads. Our delightful waitress is from Krakow -- after her description of her home country and an amazingly yummy meal, I went home and researched a little trip over to Poland. Poland is now on my wish list!

1 comment:

Cbell said...

How gorgeous is that castle!?!

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.