Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Five Years Later ....

It's been five years since I visited Guadalajra, Mexico. Since my visit, I haven't heard from anyone I met in Guadalajara. Not one -- despite a few attempts on my behalf. Since my college days (4 years ago - wow! - when I took four semesters of Spanish), all I've said in Spanish is:

- Two tickets please (bus to the airport in Barcelona)
- I would like a chocolate croissant and coffee with milk (ordering breakfast)
- Do you need to use my telephone (lady on the side of the road in Nashville)
- You called your husband. Okay. (lady on the side of the road in Nashville)
- Hello. Do you speak English? (Basically everywhere in Barcelona)

Then I receive the following email from Juan:

"hola soy juan!!!! te acuerdas? en guadalajara ja como has estado? yo me acuerdo de ti aun jajajajaj saludos a ti y tu familia bye."

Random? Yes. Am I up for the task of communicating in espanol? Hmmmm..... okay ..... yes. Am I ridiculously out of practice? Yes. Which is why I've pulled out the ole 501 Spanish Verbs --- so I can puedo hablar en espanol once again.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.