Thursday, June 12, 2008

Horrible Haggis

Sorry to leave everyone hanging! The haggis was actually not so horrible. My haggis experience took place at the Tempting Tattie. (Smile). Scots love baked potatos with "stuff." I say "stuff" because it's not anything Americans would naturally think of putting on a baked potato. "Stuff" includes cottage cheese, baked beans, tuna salad, pasta salad, derivations of chicken salad, sauteed mushrooms .... and haggis. I had a bite of baked potato with cheddar cheese and a bit of haggis. J. Lo thinks haggis is a bit like meatloaf. I can't say that it reminded me of meatloaf, but it tasted flavorful and I could see how it's a Scottish version of comfort food. I did not spit it out. Nor did I get sick afterwards ... however, I would not say that I have a cast iron stomach (although your confidence in me is much appreciated).

3 comments:

Marksberry Family said...

You are a much more adventurous woman than I!

t marie said...

There is NO WAY I would knowingly try haggis.

Potatoes on the other hand are my favorite food! I'll eat a potato any way it is prepared! YUM!

I would say "You go girl," but I don't think you should have gone there. BLECH!!

Laura Jo said...

You are a brave woman! When we lived in Grenada, one of there specialties was chicken feet...I didn't partake!

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.