Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Merci

After reading about a very cool concept stored called Merci, MBA and I practically stumbled upon it in the Marais/Bastille neighborhood. One super intriguing thing about this store is that it gives all its profits (after cost) to a women's co-op in Madagascar.


Very interesting and eclectic entrance to the store.


This is part of the courtyard entrance - if you walked into that door by the bike, it would lead to their ice cream parlor. They also have a florist on-site. Let me just tell you -- there's lots of stuff going on at this store!

They even have:

New & Used Books in French and English. Score! MBA found him a little something here.


Merci also had lots of fabulous furniture and home decor. If only I could pack more than 20 kg in my suitcase home .....

I would have loved to have snagged a chandelier!


You could even buy special fabrics, buttons, and trimmings. Maybe I should have purchased some buttons .... hmmm ... they could add a bit of spice to something and easily fit into my 20 kg limit.

And I didn't even get a picture of the clothes, the perfume bar, the specialty dishes, etc. etc. etc. There's tons of stuff at this "concept store." It's definitely worth a stop if you happen to be in the neighborhood. Next time, I'll carve out a bit of time to spend at their cafe as well. Cheers!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Please continue to take pics of the little details like this! Loved it!!

Cara Bergthold said...

How crazy! Did you know that I am moving to Madagascar for a couple years?!?! (As a journeyman)

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Ashli Sutton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ashlielizabeth.blogspot.com.